Thursday, September 8, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Oh, Sweet Mother!  Where has this dish been all of my life?  I am a hot wing junkie.  While I was pregnant with my son, I couldn't get anything spicy enough.  Everything was dredged in hot sauce.  In fact, on more than one occasion, I was caught drinking it.  Yeah, I know.  What can I say?  I was pregnant!  

Anyhow, this morning I was chatting with a friend on facebook who turned me on to the recipe.  Ashley, you are a woman after my own heart.  She sent me two recipes for it, and of course being me, I had to tweak them a bit.  Normally I would never tweak a recipe I've never tried before.  However, my awesome husband is the king of making grilled chicken wings, and I had to get his input.  Yeah, baby!  Added some garlic powder to the mix, butter, a little soy sauce and a spoonful of sugar to give it just a hint of sweet, and wowzers!  One of the best hot dips I've ever made.

Get thyself to the grocery store!  It's tailgate time.
The Packers are on tonight, and it's time for some football and fall.  

Buffalo Chicken Dip

4- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, boiled and shredded 

1- 12 oz. bottle of Franks hot sauce
2- 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
1- 16 oz. bottle of ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack
1 tsp garlic powder
1 TB brown sugar
2 dashes soy sauce
3 TB unsalted butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a medium size saucepan, combine the hot sauce, garlic powder, brown sugar, soy sauce and butter.  Heat over medium-high. Whisk together until butter is melted.  Add the chicken and spread in a 9×13-inch baking dish.



In a medium size saucepan, combine the cream cheese and the ranch dressing over low heat whisking until the cream cheese is completely melted and smooth. Pour the mixture evenly over the chicken. Then sprinkle the cheese on top.

4. Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment