Friday, June 10, 2011

Leftover Cookies



Sometimes I amaze myself.  I've been rummaging through the baking supply cupboard, taking inventory and rotating my stock.  I realized I have alot of half packages of things.  Leftover chips, nuts, dried fruits, shortening, you name it.  So the use or purge begins.  I'd rather use what I can.  So, I made cookies.  I had some leftover white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, chopped pecans, and crisco butter sticks.  Well, cookies here I come.  I didn't think these would be anything special, but, damn.  Sometimes I amaze myself.  Some of the best things I have made happened by sheer accident.  These cookies are the bomb.  I ain't just whistling dixie.  Clean out your cabinet and make these, pronto!  Extra bonus: cleaner cabinet, happy kids, happy husband.



Leftover Cookies
Makes 24

3/4 stick Crisco Stick, butter flavor
1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 package Ghiradelli white chocolate chips
3/4 package Ghiradelli 60 percent cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans


Preheat oven to 375.  


In a medium bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, mix Crisco, milk, vanilla and brown sugar on medium speed until well combined.  Add the egg, and mix until combined.  Slowly add the flour mixture.  Beat until combined.  


Stir in white chocolate, dark chocolate and pecans.  


Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto pan (about 2 TB each), and bake for 11 minutes.  Allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes, and them move to cooling rack.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment